Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014: My Year In Review

 "Celebrate what you want to see more of." -Tom Peters
Concert, December 31, Explosion, Firework

2014 has come to a close and it is the perfect time to reflect on how the past year went. Personally, I had a year that challenged me to step outside of my comfort zone to become a better naturalist. Here are some of the things I did in 2014 in regards to EE:

 -Completed an unpaid internship at an area nature center
 -Graduated from college to earn my B.S.
 -Got First Aid and CPR certified
 -Spent the summer working as a naturalist at the nature center I interned at
 -Worked as a naturalist at a residential ELC
 -Took classes towards my Graduate Certificate in Environmental Education
 -Attended a state naturalist conference
 -Started this blog

I would like to think that I had a pretty successful year. At the very least, it certainly kept me busy! From what I've learned during my adventures of 2014 is that gaining practical experience is key. Make it a priority going into the New Year to try new things and to put yourself in situations that are going to allow you to grow both personally and professionally. Don't be afraid to network and make those important personal connections with fellow naturalists. Who knows, those connections could come in handy and help you land the position you are looking for down the road!

In all, 2014 was one heck of a year. I am really proud of all that I have accomplished so far and I am even more excited what's left to come (including some awesome ideas for this blog!). I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and I look forward to the adventures that are to be had in 2015!

The Best,
eeNatureGuy




No comments:

Post a Comment